Youth Advisory Group
Objectives of the Youth Advisory Group
The Youth Advisory Group will be an influential group of up to 10 young people who will meet regularly to:
- deepen and broaden the Commissioner’s understanding of issues affecting young people
- provide input into the Commissioner’s projects
- provide a platform to share young people’s opinions, aspirations and concerns.
Membership expressions of interest
Expressions of interest to become a member of the Youth Advisory Group closed on Friday 9 December 2022. Applications are now being considered.
Expressions of interest were invited from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people who are:
- aged 13 to 18
- interested in matters important to young people
- interested in shaping projects important to Aboriginal young people
- passionate about contributing to decision-making.
Special conditions for membership
Members of the group will be appointed as individuals, not representatives of any other agencies.
To be considered applicants must be able to:
- meet online up to twice per school term (or as needed) for up to two hours
- contribute to a range of challenges that different cohorts of Aboriginal young people face
- contribute ideas for youth-focused events led by the Commissioner and her team
- assist with event planning and feedback on youth matters on a regular basis.
A photo and bio of each group member may be shared on the Commissioner’s website. Members may be asked to act as spokespeople at public events.