South Australia’s inaugural Commissioner for Aboriginal Children and Young People says she is unable to investigate “pressing systemic issues” facing Indigenous youth as the State Government has failed to legislate her role.
- Aboriginal Children’s Commissioner finally set to be granted powers
- Call for SA to take national lead in lifting criminal age to 14
- Aboriginal mothers “absolutely helpless” after babies taken at SA hospitals
- SA looks interstate to improve care for Aboriginal children
- ‘Appalling’ rate of Aboriginal kids in detention getting worse