South Australia’s inaugural Commissioner for Aboriginal Children and Young People says she is unable to investigate “pressing systemic issues” facing Indigenous youth as the State Government has failed to legislate her role.
- Commissioner commences public hearings
- Commissioner releases Inquiry preliminary report
- Inaugural meeting of First Nations children’s commissioners and guardians identifies key advocacy priorities
- First Nations children’s commissioners, guardians release national priorities
- Update: Inquiry into Aboriginal children removals and placement