April Lawrie is passionate about having the strength of Aboriginal families and culture recognised. When she meet with Aboriginal Way in a bustling café in Adelaide’s Central Markets, she shares a stream of ideas about ways to use the strength of families and culture to improve the lives of young people in her new role as Aboriginal Children’s Commissioner.
- Commissioner commences public hearings
- Commissioner releases Inquiry preliminary report
- Inaugural meeting of First Nations children’s commissioners and guardians identifies key advocacy priorities
- First Nations children’s commissioners, guardians release national priorities
- Update: Inquiry into Aboriginal children removals and placement