More than two years after her appointment, the State Government has finally moved to allow South Australia’s inaugural Commissioner for Aboriginal Children and Young People to investigate “pressing systemic issues” facing Indigenous youth.
- Aboriginal Children’s Commissioner finally set to be granted powers
- Call for SA to take national lead in lifting criminal age to 14
- Aboriginal mothers “absolutely helpless” after babies taken at SA hospitals
- SA looks interstate to improve care for Aboriginal children
- ‘Appalling’ rate of Aboriginal kids in detention getting worse